Touch is the first sensation we feel when we come into the world. A soothing touch has been shown to relax a baby, help him/her gain weight, and reduce stress hormones brought on by the birth process.
Skin is the most important sensory organ for a baby, especially right after birth. A nurturing, positive touch can do so much for a baby ́s development.
Benefits of Infant Massage for parents:
- Promotes better understanding of infant cues
- Enhances communication and emotional ties
- Increases confidence and handling skills
- Provides quality one-on-one interaction
- Gives fathers a special way to connect and bond
Benefits of Infant Massage for babies:
- Enhances bonding and attachment
- Helps baby relax and release tension
- Decreases irritability and excess crying · Reduces gas and colic
- Promotes sleep